One of the common thing that occurs when using your iPhone is losing contacts by accident. Have you ever lost iPhone contacts after upgrading your device to the new iOS 10? Many reasons can be attributed to the loss of iPhone contacts, for example, iOS upgrade, failed jailbreal, system crash, accidental deletion, etc. It is never fun to lose such important data on your iPhone. But no need to be depressed, this article will cover 4 straight forward ways to recover deleted contacts on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus/5S/5/4S/4.
Option 1: Restore Deleted Contacts from iCloud
iCloud makes it much easier to manage data on iPhone. If you have synced your contacts on iPhone with iCloud before, it is very simple to get your deleted contacts back.
1. Open Contacts app, go to Settings > iCloud and navigate to “Contacts”.
2. Turn off “Contacts” and tap “Keep on My iPhone” when the pop-up message appears.
3. Toggle on “Contacts” again and choose “Merge”. You shall find the deleted contacts back on your device after some time.
Option 2: Retrieve Contacts by using Google Contacts
If you have made a backup on iPhone contacts before, you are able to retrieve deleted iPhone contacts. You can restore the deleted contacts on Google Contacts within 30 days after contacts are lost. Follow the simple instructions below:
1. Open your browser and sign in to Google Contacts using your gmail acount.
2. Click “More” on the drop-down menu and select “Restore contacts”.
3. Select the time you want your contacts to be restored, then click “Restore”.
The deleted contacts will be restored in a minute.
Option 3: Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone or iTunes Backup
Another way to recover deleted contacts is to use Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery. The comprehensive and trust-worthy tool enables you to recover deleted contacts, text messages, photos, videos, WhatsApp and other data from your iPhone or iTunes backup smoothly without data loss. Follow the tips below.
1. Download & Launch the iPhone Contacts Recovery program on your PC.
2. Connect your iPhone to computer to PC and click “start scan”. ( If you have an iTunes backup, click “Next” to extract contacts from the backup.)
3. Click “Contacts” to preview and recover deleted contacts on iPhone.
Option 4: Retrieve iPhone Contacts in Message App
Another way to retrieve deleted contacts is to search contacts in Message App. Even though contacts are deleted from your iPhone, contact information are likely to be retained in Message app. Just follow the simple steps to have a try.
1. Open Message App on your iPhone and tap on “New Message” icon on the upper right corner.
2. Enter some numbers or name of the deleted contact in the “To” field.
3. The contact information is likely to appear.
Web Editor with 2 years experience in data recovery for iPhone.